Monday, November 03, 2008

It's good to be back!

Life was full, times were good and it's great to be back here. I'll admit I stretched out the break a lil' bit longer to include this past weekend cause I needed time to rest up from all the Halloween/weekend high-jinks. There were many. And I have a tale or two to tell of course! ;-)

One observation I've made concerns Halloween and I mention it cause it is rather fresh in my mind. Have you ever wondered how similar Halloween and Mardi Gras are? I mean the two or completely different holidays, obviously, but look at how the two are celebrated especially among women. More and more often Halloween has become an occasion for women old and young to dress like complete sluts!

Think about it, sans the boob flashing and beads, women at Mardi Gras are basically dressed up the same way as they are at Halloween. Mind you, I saw some absolutely cute outfits that were both sexy and tasteful. Sarah Palins were an obvious trend this year. And a shipwrecked sailor girl I recall rather fondly. But I must emphasize again that they were tasteful. Not to be included with the very numerous ramble of "slutty witches" and "s&m cops" and other "wanton vixens" of all veins in bras, garters, heels and chokers.

Don't take me the wrong way, I am not a prude by any stretch of the imagination but I think a buddy of mine said it best: "Women should no longer dress up as street walkers when taking their kids trick or treating!" I do agree here. Ladies, please save it for the privacy of your bedroom when your kids are tucked safely in bed!

A couple of other tidbits are floating around in my melon however, I need to get a few things done so I must end here for now.

SYS

0 talkin' trash: