Thursday, May 15, 2008

These turbulent times.

Bloggers Unite


I was reminded today about an important initiative for Human Rights. As far as we have come in decades past, both in our own back yard and globally, it still amazes me that this issue is still as hot as it is. Don't get me wrong, Human Rights is white hot and deservedly so. What really amazes me is how so often the pains and efforts of concerned individuals to create a global awareness miss fruition. Is it due to the fact we have become bogged down in our own immediate daily distractions as with many common folk? Or are we perhaps jaded?? Those of you who know what makes me tick could probably guess what my opinion is. But with all fairness I will offer that Human Rights issues are simplistic in their immediacy - we need to remind ourselves that not everyone receives the fairest of treatment, even in a country like the U.S. The problems are social, economical, physical and behavioral and it is here that the problem sheds it's simplicity and dons a rather enigmatic garb of convolution.

But to be honest, we will never have unity in our race unless humans learn how to ethically treat all other non-human species on this planet. We can dream. We should dream!

SYS

0 talkin' trash: