Friday, July 20, 2007

So much to do and so little time...

Last night marked my first assignment as judge for this year for Bricktop's 5th Annual DJ Spin-Off 2007. I co-chaired with Josh (resident DJ Gabriel Star, Casio) and it was a smooth albeit short night. We had our first DQ of the Spin-Off so only two DJs went head to head. Updated brackets are below with legend. I will hold off on detailed comments as I have a few and I really don't have the time.

This brings me to why I am blogging in a hurry. I am getting ready for my weekend in Chicago or Chi-Town as we call it here. I have never been to Chi-Town other than traveling through so I am looking forward to seeing some sights. What brings me to the city is to see a Cubs game. We'll be catching the game on Sunday (from the Guinness Box, totally fucking cool) but are leaving Saturday in time so that we can go roaming around Saturday night to see some sites and frequent a few bars. The drive should be fun with eight hours to kill. I will bring both my Digicam and HDcam as I am sure there will be something worth capturing.

Even though this will be a short weekend trip, I find myself nervous to get my place in order. I hate leaving my place out of order because when you come back it seems you're coming back to more work and clean-up when all you want to do is unwind. So I'm catching up on some domestic duties. I even passed up golf so you know I'm serious! Looking forward to a fun yet productive weekend in Chicago!

SYS

0 talkin' trash: