Saturday, April 28, 2007

Photogenic

So I've been thinking about why I tend to be the one always taking the shots but not appearing in them. It's not that I do not have the opportunity to be photographed. I am photographed often enough. Something I think I lack are true photogenics. Most photos of me tend to leave me feeling as though they could have been better. So what do I mean? Well, I do have a face only a mother could love. So even those who might be considered weirder looking than I seem to make a better overall photo.



Not sure why this is. I know that certain attributes I possess are working against me. But somethings are out of one's immediate control. Even when my smile is genuine and comical it still seems to look as though I am trying. This couldn't be any further from the truth especially if the camera catches me laughing. True, my teeth are not the straightest or the whitest. I seemed to have inherited my father's crooked but indestructible teeth en lieu of my Mother's straight, white but very susceptible to cavities teeth.



I can't say this is a real put off in light of the fact that in almost 32 years I have yet to have my first cavity. I'm not afraid of the dentist by any means prolly cause the most I have had are cleanings and films taken. Plus, I don't go very often which also helps anxiety and the wallet considerably. I went to the dentist to get a check up about six months before I went to Africa, just to make sure things were okay and I would not have any troubles being exposed to different food bacterias, etc. while overseas. I was 29 years old at the time. Now I hadn't been to the dentist since I was at most 9 years of age, so we're talking at least 20 years away from the chair. Needless to say, no cavities. Again, not the usual thing you hear about. But then again not everyone can be a rock star either. lol



Lastly, most likely my biggest grief with people taking my photo, can you please let me know when you are trying to take a shot? I don't know how many times I have been caught be the camera looking all weird because indeed I was feeling or being weird. Candid shots are tons of fun and for parties are a real laugh, however some care needs to be taken.



And above all, warn me so that I do not blink when the flash goes off. Not only does the picture look awful but it can screw with my night vision while inside a club.

SYS

0 talkin' trash: